Ascension Light Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RainbowLight
RainbowLight

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end Empty Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end

Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:49 pm
TO SEE THE FINISHED PAINTING SCROLL TO THE LAST POST!
Last year I started a new painting, and I'm just taking my time with it, enjoying it. It's still a work in progress but I want to share it as now you can see where I'm going with it!

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end 7f4PThc

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end Ulg7oSG

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end RdrGDDu

A few small details on the hem of the yellow dress. I couldn't do anything else yet as the paint was still a little too wet.
Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end QRi7Z0C

Last edited by RainbowLight on Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
RainbowLight
RainbowLight

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end Empty Re: Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:24 am
I've worked on this some more a few weeks ago. I wasn't really happy with the sky nor the hills/mountains. At the time I first painted those I couldn't get the sky to work out the way I wanted to, and the hills didn't seem to come out the right way either. It was okay, but not what I'd had in mind.

I decided to rigorously change both, leaving the rest -including the moon- intact. So I did, even though it was a bit scary, a big decision, that could ruin the whole canvas if it didn't work out.
But I did it and I'm very happy with it!
I went over the entire sky, created stars too, which I love.
Then I worked on the hills and turned them into proper mountains or rocky hills.

Next time I get the paints out I can work on the woman. Her hair and hand need to be done, and I have plans for her dress. And of course the foreground, but that'll be the last thing.

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end SxEaKV5
RainbowLight
RainbowLight

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end Empty Re: Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end

Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:12 am
Finished this painting a few weeks ago. It now looks like this:

Moonlit Stone Circle - from beginning to end 7s6CXWg
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum